Daniel Meier is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Tax and Wealth Management Practice Groups in Chicago. Daniel earned his LL.M. in taxation from the New York University School of Law, and received his J.D. with honors from the William & Mary Law School. While in law school, Daniel served as an America Reads Tutor and a summer associate at a not-for-profit legal aid organization, focused on supporting victims of crime and domestic violence. Prior to law school, Daniel earned his B.A. with highest honors from the University of South Carolina Honors College.
Daniel focuses his practice on wealth management and estate planning, in the domestic and international contexts. Daniel has experience with gift and estate tax planning, structuring closely-held businesses, and charitable giving strategies.
- Illinois~United States (2020)
- South Carolina~United States (2017)
- New York University School of Law (LLM) (2018)
- William & Mary Law School (JD cum laude) (2017)
- University of South Carolina (BA summa cum laude) (2014)
- Author, "IRS Announces Five New International Tax Compliance Campaigns,” North America Tax News and Developments, November 2018
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.