Juan Carlos Medina is an associate at Estudio Echecopar. He focuses his practice on government contracts, infrastructure, corporate law and arbitration. He has advised on the procurement and execution of important infrastructure projects using international contracts. He Has led international procurement processes of technology services, concessions supervisors and other complex services, through mechanisms such as government to government Agreements, international organisms regulations among others.
Likewise, he has participated in the elaboration of the Government Procurement regulation. Additionally, he has advised different companies in the elaboration of commercial contracts, M&A operations, as well as other corporate operations.
Representative Legal Matters
Led procurement processes under the Government to government Agreement of the Proyecto Especial para la Preparacion y Desarrollo de los XVIII Juegos Panamericanos del 2019 with UK.
Advised in the execution of infrastructure projects for the XVIII Panamerican Games, using international contracts NEC 3 - Option F, including the advise on the Dispute Boards processes.
Integrated the specialized technical committees for the procurement processes of Concessions supervisors under the regulation of International Organisms.
Part of the commission that elaborated the Law N° 30225, government Procurement Law, and its regulations. Likewise he has participated in the elaboration of the Directives that developed the new government procurement.
Advised in important corporate operations of M&A, as well as in arbitrations of infrastructure Projects.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Lima Bar Association
- Peru (2017)
- Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú (Specialization Course in Public-Private Partnerships) (2017)
- Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú (Specialization Course in Government Procurement) (2016)
- Universidad Continental (Specialization Diploma in Arbitration) (2015)
- Escuela de Administracion de Negociacion ESAN (PEE in Corporate Law) (2014)
- Universidad de Lima (Course in Procurement and Execution of Public Works) (2014)
- Universidad San Martín de Porres (Law Degree)