Dr. Moritz Meckel is one of the few lawyers in Germany who are admitted both as attorney-at-law and patent attorney. He studied physics and law, and obtained a doctorate in physics in 2011. Thereafter, Moritz worked with a reputable patent law firm before joining the Firm as an associate in 2015.
His experience covers all stages of both the lifecycle and the enforcement of patents - from the drafting of a patent application to opposition or nullity proceedings, and from the analysis of products to the enforcement of final infringement rulings. Moritz currently focuses on patent litigation and technology-related advice.
Moritz Meckel advises on matters related to complex technologies and has a particular focus on patent and utility model disputes, including infringement, nullity, cancellation and opposition proceedings. His background as an experimental physicist allows him to handle cases involving in-depth technological questions from a wide range of fields, such as optics, materials science, electronics and mechanical engineering. He routinely represents clients before the German infringement courts, the German Federal Patent Court, as well as the German and the European patent office.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Deutsche Physikalische Gesellschaft (DPG) - Member
- German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property & Copyright (GRUR) - Member
- Association of Intellectual Property Experts (VPP) - Member
- Licensing Executives Society (LES) - Member
- Germany (2015)
- German Patent and Trademark Office (Patent Bar Exam) (2017)
- Oberlandesgericht Frankfurt am Main (Second State Exam) (2015)
- Goethe University of Frankfurt (First State Exam) (2012)
- Goethe University of Frankfurt (PhD Physics) (2011)
- Goethe University of Frankfurt (MSc Physics) (2006)