Greg McNab is a member of the Firm's Corporate & Securities Practice Group in Toronto. His main areas of practice include financings of public and private securities issuers, investment management products, capital markets transactions, mergers and acquisitions and resources and energy matters, both domestically and internationally. He also advises on corporate governance, regulatory compliance, continuous disclosure and stock exchange matters for public issuers. Mr. McNab helps lead the Firm's Global and Canadian Mining Groups. Mr. McNab regularly speaks, writes published articles and appears in the media with respect to a variety of securities, mining and energy matters. He is a director and Canadian Chair of the Canadian Australian Chamber of Commerce. A former mechanical engineer, Mr. McNab is also the co-chair of the International Emissions Trading Association's global carbon capture and storage working group.
Mr. McNab focuses his practice on public and private financing matters and services and cross-border joint ventures particularly between Asia, Australia, Africa and Canada. His practice includes the negotiation and drafting of prospectuses, circulars, shareholder agreements, opinion letters, applications for regulatory relief, share purchase agreements and related transaction documents. Mr. McNab has been involved in a range of energy and resource industry transactions and financings. He also provides related regulatory advice with respect to climate change issues. Mr. McNab works on a variety of renewable and clean tech matters, including wind, solar and hydro projects.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represents venture capital firms, as well as high-growth companies in private equity/venture capital transactions.
- Represents both sellers and buyers in domestic and multijurisdictional asset and share acquisitions, mergers, strategic alliances and outsourcing transactions particularly in the mining, oil & gas and clean energy industries.
- Represents financial services, securities industry, technology, ecommerce, energy and manufacturing companies with respect to their general business, corporate finance, multijurisdictional transaction and expansion matters.
- Provides initial registration-related advice to companies and individuals seeking securities industry licensing.
- Assists Canadian businesses with respect to penetrating foreign markets.
- Assists foreign companies with respect to penetrating Canadian markets.
- Acted as legal advisor and associate general counsel (in-house) to Stelco Inc. during its financial restructuring process in 2004-2006.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada - Member
- Global CCS Institute - Member
- Canadian Australian Chamber of Commerce - Director and Canadian Chair
- International Emissions Trading Association - Member
- Ontario~Canada (2001)
- University of Windsor (LL.B.) (1999)
- McMaster University (Bachelor of Engineering & Management) (1988)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an Ontario limited liability partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.