Megan McKisson is an associate in the Firm’s Chicago office. She advises global entities on compliance issues, particularly under the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and other trade and economic sanctions. Megan also advises multinational corporations in complex civil litigation and international arbitration matters.
Prior to joining the Firm, Megan clerked at a global law firm in New York City. While in law school, she competed in the Willem C. Vis International Arbitration Moot in Vienna, Austria and Budapest, Hungary. She also represented Illinois prisoners in conjunction with the Illinois Innocence Project.
Megan is a recipient of the 2017 Illinois Women’s Bar Foundation Award.
Representative Legal Matters
- Conducted internal investigations in China, Germany, Israel, South Africa, and Switzerland for multinational business enterprises in relation to compliance issues, particularly under the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- Managed an international team of lawyers and paralegals in multiple offices and continents for electronic document review in investigations involving Chinese subsidiaries of companies headquartered in Europe and the United States.
- Defended a South Korean manufacturing company in litigation regarding a contract dispute.
- Assessed corruption-related risks for multinational corporations acquiring entities in the UK and Israel.
- Advised corporate executives in connection with a SEC investigation regarding alleged violations of the accounting controls provisions of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- Advised a multinational corporation regarding sanctions imposed by the US Office of Foreign Assets Control for alleged violations of the Iranian Transactions and Sanctions Regulations by a Turkish distributor.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Illinois Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Junior League of Chicago
- Women’s Bar Association of Illinois
- Delta Gamma Fraternity
- Illinois~United States (2017)
- University of Illinois College of Law (JD cum laude) (2017)
- Texas A&M University (BA cum laude) (2014)