Megan McKisson is an associate in the Firm’s Chicago office. She advises multinational corporations in complex civil litigation and arbitration matters. Megan also advises global entities on compliance issues, particularly under the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
Prior to joining the Firm, Megan clerked at a global law firm in New York City. While in law school, she competed in the Willem C. Vis International Arbitration Competition in Vienna, Austria and Budapest, Hungary. She also represented Illinois prisoners in conjunction with the Illinois Innocence Project.
Megan is a recipient of the 2017 Illinois Women’s Bar Foundation Award.
Representative Legal Matters
- Conducted internal investigations in South Africa, Switzerland, Germany, Israel, and China for multinational business enterprises in relation to compliance issues, particularly under the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- Managed an international team of lawyers and paralegals in multiple offices and continents for electronic document review in investigations involving Chinese subsidiaries of companies headquartered in Europe and the United States.
- Represented a South Korean manufacturing company in litigation regarding a contract dispute.
- Advised a Fortune 500 technology company in a products liability class action suit.
- Advised a Chinese luxury goods distributor regarding discovery obligations in United States litigation.
- Advised a Dutch hospitality company regarding Illinois constitutional and administrative law issues.
- Advised a Japanese electronics company regarding product liability litigation exposure in United States court.
- Advised a global procurement company regarding procurement regulations in the United States.
- Assisted an Illinois prisoner with civil rights litigation under 42 U.S.C. § 1983 on a pro bono basis.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Illinois Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Women’s Bar Association of Illinois
- Delta Gamma Fraternity
- Illinois~United States (2017)
- University of Illinois College of Law (JD cum laude) (2017)
- Texas A&M University (BA cum laude) (2014)