Cathal is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Global Energy, Mining and Infrastructure Industry Group and is based in London.
Cathal qualified as an associate in 2020, having completed departmental rotations in the EU, Competition & Trade and Corporate (Energy, Mining and Infrastructure) departments. He undertook a six-month secondment to BP, working as part of the in-house legal team within the Upstream, Procurement Supply Chain Management team.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a range of UK clients on various construction, redevelopment, extensions and refurbishments matters based on the JCT form of contracts.
- Advised a global technology services provider on the construction procurement aspects of a proposed joint venture relating to data center assets.
- Advised an asset manager on the construction procurement structure of a car park and neighboring infrastructure.
- Advised on a power purchase agreement in relation to an Egyptian solar project, coordinating with local counsel and various project parties.
- Acted for Uniper in respect of a proposed FSRU project in Germany, drafting and negotiating project documents.
- Advised a sustainability company in connection to a carbon credit project and the requisite project documents.
- Advised on the acquisition of a series of limestone assets in South America, Australia and Southeast Asia.
- Advised Sumitomo Mitsui Finance and Leasing on the acquisition of helicopters with a combined asset value of USD 230 million and the formation of a helicopter leasing joint venture with LCI Helicopters.
- Acted for an oil and gas company on its acquisition of certain North Sea oil and gas assets. Participated in the due diligence process and advising on the acquisition.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of England and Wales
- Member of the Baker McKenzie Corporate Governance Taskforce. Delivered presentations on key issues relating to environmental, social and governance factors.
- BPP Law School, London Holborn (Legal Practice Course) (2018)
- Trinity College, Dublin (LLM International and European Business Law) (2016)
- Queen's University Belfast (LLB, Single Honors) (2015)