Patricia W. McDonald advises on tax issues for corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies and other pass-through entities, with an emphasis on private equity and other investment fund transactions, energy credit transactions, partnership transactions, real estate/REIT transactions and M&A transactions. She lectures on international and partnership tax issues for various organizations, including Tax Executives Institute and Council for International Tax Education. Her native language is Cantonese and she is conversant in Mandarin.
Ms. McDonald regularly advises U.S. clients, non-U.S. institutional clients and sovereign wealth fund clients on tax issues relating to private equity funds, hedge funds, infrastructure funds, real estate funds and other investment funds. Her practice also focuses on tax issues relating to real estate transactions (including real estate investment trust matters) and domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions. In addition, Ms. McDonald advises clients on tax matters relating to transactions in the renewable energy sector, such as the use of energy tax credits and energy grants in capital structures.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- U.S.-China Chamber of Commerce
- Minnesota~United States (1999)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, District of Columbia Circuit~United States (1998)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois~United States (1996)
- Illinois~United States (1996)
- University of Notre Dame (M.B.A.) (1996)
- University of Notre Dame Law School (J.D.) (1996)
- University of Chicago (B.A.) (1991)