Mark McCrone represents and advises clients with respect to RICO claims; SEC enforcement actions; accounting malpractice claims; copyright and trade secret claims; sovereign immunity; World Bank investigations; enforcement of judgments and service of persons abroad. Mark's experience includes representing both claimants and respondents.
Representative Legal Matters
- Representation of investor against the Republic of Croatia relating to the expropriation of a manufacturing company.
- Representation of investor against Venezuela relating to the expropriation of an oil and gas related enterprise.
- Representation of investor in CAFTA arbitration against the Dominican Republic relating to the expropriation and unfair treatment by the Republic against a resort.
- Representation of liquefied natural gas company and affiliates in three separate arbitrations over LNG pricing disputes and price reopening clauses.
- Representation of leading industrial maintenance company in ICC arbitration under New York law relating to contractual pricing formulas.
- Representation of Chinese state-owned entity in ICC arbitration relating to ongoing payment dispute between the parties.
- Representation of the Bank of Mongolia in racketeering and fraud claims against various persons and entities in connection with fraudulent issuance of financial instruments.
- Representation of the Mongolian Government in investment dispute arbitration claims by owners of mining license for iron mines.
- Representation of international developer in claim against the Philippines for the expropriation without compensation of the principal airport terminal in Manila.
- Representation of plaintiffs in racketeering and breach of contract actions in federal court in DC.
- Winner, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators’ Young Members Group (YMG) Essay Competition, 2016
- Global Arbitration Review, 2015
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia~United States (2016)
- District of Columbia~United States (2012)
- New York~United States (2011)
- Emory University School of Law (J.D. with Honors) (2010)
- Emory University (B.A.) (2004)