Justin McCloskey is an associate in the Banking, Finance and Major Projects group in the Toronto office of Baker McKenzie. Before joining the Firm in 2017, Justin spent 4 years at a leading investment and development firm with a focus in infrastructure, renewable energy and power and real estate, and prior to that, at a major national firm in Toronto.
Justin’s practice focuses on the energy, mining and infrastructure sectors. He advises investors, developers, lenders and contractors on construction, operation, acquisition and divestment of large-scale projects and in the development and financing of public-private partnerships (P3). His experience includes the investment and development of social and transportation projects, renewable energy and power generation projects, and commercial real estate in Canada and the United States. He has also worked on a variety of public infrastructure P3 projects as a principal investor and developer, which include courthouses, data centres, water treatment plants and corrections.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining the firm, Justin handled the following matters:
- Advised a consortium in respect of the project agreement on a biosolids facility with a 30 year concession term.
- Led the financings and development process for a 800 bed student residence development in Toronto.
- Advised a developer/equity sponsor on the risks associated with the project agreement for a data centre, and negotiated the pass down "heads of terms" with the design-builder and facility manager.
- Advised on the purchase and financing of a portfolio of solar residential rooftop systems in Ontario.
- Led the sale of a franchisor of aftermarket automotive care brands with over 150 locations across Canada, including select real estate.
- Led the sale of a historic building with challenging redevelopment potential in the City of Hamilton.
- Ontario~Canada (2013)
- Queen's University (JD) (2012)
- Canadian Securities Institute (Course Canadian Securities) (2009)
- University of Western Ontario (BA Political Science Dean's Honour List) (2008)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an Ontario limited liability partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.