Representative Legal Matters
Advises management of a global electronics manufacturer with respect to all executive compensation, employee benefits and executive employment matters, both domestic and global.
Represents several pharmaceutical companies with respect to their executive compensation matters, including negotiation of deal covenants and other matters regarding golden parachute agreements, in connection with major acquisitions and divestitures.
Represents global companies in connection with the worldwide review of their pension programs and with the roll out of worldwide compensation programs designed to mirror US compensation arrangements.
- Ranked in 2021 Best Lawyers for Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law and Employment Law - Management
- Leading Lawyer in Employee Benefits, Illinois Super Lawyer (2006, 2008 - 2021)
- Individual ranking of Band 1, Chambers Illinois Labor & Employment: Employee Benefits & Compensation, 2019 - 2020
- Named "Leader in the Field" by both Chambers USA and Chambers Global for 2019
- Recommended by Legal 500 in Employee Benefits, Executive Compensation and Retirement Plans: Transactional and Design
- Ranked No. 1 in Top Ten Employee Benefits Lawyers in Illinois for 2018 by Leading Lawyers
- One of the "Most Influential Women Lawyers in Chicago", Crain's Chicago, 2017 and one of the "Most Notable Women Lawyers in Chicago", Crain's Chicago, 2018
- "Lawyer of the Year" in Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law, The Best Lawyers 2016-2017
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Member of the Board of Advisors, Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Chicago
- Member of the Board of Advisors, The University of St. Mary of the Lake, 2016 - Present
- Member, The Chicago Network, 2010 - Present
- Member, International Women's Forum, 2011 - Present
- U.S. Tax Court~United States (1992)
- Illinois~United States (1978)
- Harvard Law School (JD) (1978)
- Smith College (AB English cum laude with high honors) (1975)
Author, “Compensation and Fringe Benefits,” Thomson Reuters/WG&L, Bi-monthly publication.
Co-author, "Developments in Cross-Border Compensation: Employer Withholding and Reporting Requirements, and Retirement Plan Issues for Mobile Employees," NYU 72nd Institute on Federal Taxation 2014