Rochelle McAllister is an associate in the Firm’s Chicago office. She has significant experience in broker dealer and investment adviser compliance, as well as in federal banking policy and regulatory matters. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Ms. McAllister was a risk management specialist on the asset and wealth management team at the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
Ms. McAllister focuses her practice on alternative investment fund matters, advising clients on the structuring and formation of, and investment in, international and domestic private investment funds (including private equity funds), and fund-of-funds. She also advises clients in connection with their investment activities and legal issues, including issues concerning FINRA regulations, the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, the Investment Company Act of 1940 and the Securities Exchange Act of 1934.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a large US university endowment in connection with their USD 20 million investment in an energy focused private equity fund, including negotiation of side letter agreement.
- Represented a Cayman Insurance entity in connection with their USD 15 million investment by way of a feeder fund, including negotiating side letter and direct interest election agreement into main fund.
- Represented a well-known investor in a USD 495 million capital raise investment into their domestic real-estate private equity fund.
- Successfully executed a complex secondary transaction involving the transfer of 35 interests in 5 different funds worth USD 30 million.
- Prepared several memorandums for foreign sponsors on registration and reporting requirements under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940.
- Prepared Exempt Reporting Adviser SEC filings for foreign sponsors.
- Provided Investment Company Act of 1940 guidance to Bank client that was serving as the Administrative Agent in a syndicated USD 947 million senior secured financing in connection with a USD 1.3 billion structured financing matter for a leading telecommunications company.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Bar Association - Member
- American Bar Association - Member
- Black Women Lawyers Association - Member
- Illinois~United States (2016)
- New York~United States (2013)
- Howard University School of Law (J.D.) (2012)
- Emory University (MBA) (2006)
- Oakwood University (B.S. cum laude) (1998)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.