Niels Matze is an associate in the M&A and Capital Markets Practice Groups of Baker McKenzie's Amsterdam office. He began his career as a lawyer in 2017 and has worked for the Firm ever since.
Niels focuses his practice on private and public M&A and equity capital markets. He is regularly involved in due diligence investigations, contract drafting and transaction negotiations.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Unilever with the disposal of its Bertolli branded pasta sauces, pesto and mayonnaise business in Continental Europe
- Advised Het Blauwe Meer (a participation of RB Family Capital) with the acquisition of HBM Machines B.V.
- Advised De Goudse Verzekeringen in connection with the acquisition of Hofstaete Kennisgroep.
- Advised Corsearch (a portfolio company of Audax Private Equity) in connection with the acquisition of Pointer Branch Protection.
- Advised Innovative Chemical Products Group (a portfolio company of Audax Private Equity) in connection with the acquisition of Hi-Tech Coatings International B.V.
- Advised Mirage Holdings on the acquisition of toy retailers Intertoys and Maxi Toys from Green Swan.
- Advised Egeria on the sale of 100% of the issued shares of Hitec Holding B.V. to Japanese manufacturing conglomerate Air Water Inc.
- Advised Egeria on the acquisition of a majority stake in MAAS Aviation Group.
- Advised Accenture on the acquisition of Storm Digital.
- Advised Mirion Technologies in connection with the acquisition of the dosimetry services division of Nuclear Research and Consultancy Group.
- Advised T&K TOKA on the acquisition of Van Son Printing Inks from its shareholders.
- Advised Regeneron in connection with its acquisition of a minority stake in ISA Pharmaceuticals.
- Advised Busitalia-Sita Nord S.r.L. and Ferrovie dello Stato Italiane S.p.A. on the acquisition of Qbuzz B.V. and Abellio Mobility Services B.V.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dutch Bar Association (NOvA)
- Amsterdam~Netherlands (2017)
- Erasmus University Rotterdam (LL.M. Financial Law) (2016)
- Erasmus University Rotterdam (LL.M. Corporate Law) (2016)
Baker & McKenzie Amsterdam N.V. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.