Niels Matze is an associate in the Corporate M&A and Capital Markets Practice Groups of Baker McKenzie's Amsterdam office. He began his career as a lawyer in 2017 and has worked for Baker McKenzie ever since.
Niels focuses his practice on private and public M&A and equity capital markets. He is regularly involved in due diligence investigations, contract drafting and transaction negotiations.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in connection with multiple investment rounds in ISA Pharmaceuticals B.V.
- Advised EPAM Systems, Inc. in connection with the acquisition of Just-BI B.V.
- Advised Unilever with the disposal of its Bertolli-branded pasta sauces, pesto and mayonnaise business in Continental Europe.
- Advised Het Blauwe Meer (a participation of RB Family Capital) with the acquisition of HBM Machines B.V.
- Advised De Goudse Verzekeringen in connection with the acquisition of Hofstaete Kennisgroep.
- Advised Corsearch (a portfolio company of Audax Private Equity) in connection with the acquisition of Pointer Branch Protection.
- Advised Innovative Chemical Products Group (a portfolio company of Audax Private Equity) in connection with the acquisition of Hi-Tech Coatings International B.V.
- Advised Mirage Holdings on the acquisition of toy retailers Intertoys and Maxi Toys from Green Swan.
- Advised Egeria on the sale of 100% of the issued shares of Hitec Holding B.V. to Japanese manufacturing conglomerate Air Water Inc.
- Advised Egeria on the acquisition of a majority stake in MAAS Aviation Group.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dutch Bar Association (NOvA)
- Amsterdam~Netherlands (2017)
- Erasmus University Rotterdam (LL.M. Financial Law) (2016)
- Erasmus University Rotterdam (LL.M. Corporate Law) (2016)
Baker & McKenzie Amsterdam N.V. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.