Alex Matthews is an associate in Baker McKenzie's International Commercial Practice Group in Washington, DC. He is a member of the Firm's Global Aviation Group and the Future Mobility and Unmanned Aircraft Systems teams.
Prior to joining the Firm, Alex was an aviation and corporate associate at a top-ranked firm in Washington, DC. Previously, he served as Policy Staff for four years with the House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Supreme Court of Virginia
- American Bar Association Forum on Air & Space Law - Drones: Regulations, Operations and Litigation Committee
- American Bar Association Forum on Air & Space Law - Airports Committee
- Virginia~United States
- District of Columbia~United States
- University of Virginia School of Law
- Kenyon College (BA)
Co-author, "Expanded Unmanned Aircraft Systems Operations - FAA Publishes Long-Awaited Final Rules on Remote Identification and Operations Over People," Baker McKenzie InsightPlus, February 2021