Rene Matteotti joined Baker McKenzie's Zurich office as of counsel in 2012, advising mainly on tax matters. He is ranked among the leading lawyers in corporate tax by Who's Who Legal Switzerland in 2016 and has been appointed by the Swiss Federal Tax Administration to the Steering Committee on the Corporate Tax Reform III and by the Federal Government to the VAT Advisory Committee.
Mr. Matteotti has served as editor-in-chief of the leading scientific tax journal ASA since 2006 and is the main co-editor of the first Swiss commentary on international tax law. He is also a law professor at the University of Zurich, where he holds the chair for Swiss, European and international tax law.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Swiss Bar Association
- EXPERTsuisse - Tax Chapter
- International Fiscal Association
- Swiss Association of Tax Law Professors
- Joint Committee of the German, Austrian and Swiss Tax Expert Associations
- Switzerland (1999)
- University of Berne (Habilitation) (2007)
- Northwestern University School of Law (LLM Tax) (2004)
- University of Berne (Dr. iur.) (2003)
- University of Berne (MLaw) (1998)
- University of Basel (MA) (1993)