Representative Legal Matters
Represented Fortune 50 company as member of trial team in USD 9 billion federal RICO class action (case settled on first day of trial).
Defended international food and beverage company in disputes with third party bottlers and distributors.
Defended leading insurance company against class actions in several states challenging method of calculating property damage claim payments.
Represented investors in federal securities fraud lawsuit, defeated multiple motions to dismiss, and assisted in negotiation of favorable settlement at onset of discovery.
Conducted internal investigations for multinational companies in relation to compliance issues, particularly under the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
Represented individuals in Department of Justice and FINRA investigations, and coordinated responses to grand jury subpoenas.
First chaired 7th Circuit mediation on behalf of incarcerated client in § 1983 action, resulting in favorable settlement.
Managed complex electronic discovery, including developing strategies for the collection and review of large volumes of data and supervising multiple attorney review teams.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Chicago Bar Association - Member
- Illinois~United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit~United States
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois~United States
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois~United States
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois~United States
- University of Chicago Law School (JD)
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (BA summa cum laude, with highest distinction, Phi Beta Kappa, Bronze Tablet University Honors)
- University of Buenos Aires (Exchange Student Semester Study Abroad)
- Author, "U.S. Supreme Court Holds Courts May Not Infer Parties’ Consent To Classwide Arbitration Where Agreement Is Ambiguous," Global Class & Collective Actions Blog, 9 May 2019
- Author, "Interpretation of recent amendments to FRCP 37(e) taking shape," Illinois State Bar Association's Bench & Bar Section Council Newsletter vol. 48 no. 5, November 2017