Andrew is an associate with Baker McKenzie's Dispute Resolution team in London. He is an English-qualified commercial litigator experienced in advising clients in the financial services sector on a range of matters involving litigation and regulatory and/or internal investigations.
Andrew advises clients on white-collar crime matters, including disputes and corporate investigations involving fraud and financial crime, and in matters of arbitration and competition litigation.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising a major international bank in relation to its defence of claims following on from regulatory investigations into its FX trading practices.
- Acting for a social media company in relation to one of the highest profile ever appeals of a fine by the UK Information Commissioner.
- Acting for a major international bank in a dispute with a number of hedge funds. Proceedings were issued in the High Court under the Financial List, and involved allegations of sophisticated share price manipulation and issues relating to the construction of complex convertible bond derivatives worth in excess of USD 30 million.
- Advising two high-net-worth individuals in relation to an application for a Worldwide Freezing Order against a former legal adviser in support of Swiss proceedings to recover misappropriated assets valued in excess of EUR 200 million.
- Acting for a US-based manufacturing company in the automotive industry in relation to claims for breach of contract and negligent misstatement. The dispute involved a series of highly technical engineering issues and proceeded to a 10-week trial in the High Court, and the client obtained a judgment for EUR 11 million.
- Acting for a technology solutions provider in a multijurisdictional DIFC-LCIA arbitration with a claim value of USD 380 million concerning issues of IP infringement and legal and contractual claims across five separate jurisdictions.
- Advising a UK logistics company in responding to an injunction for specific performance in connection with services provided to a major online retail platform.
- Advising a global telecommunications provider in connection with an injunction against an Italian services provider to restrain it from issuing a winding-up petition against the background of an alleged VAT carousel fraud.
- Advising a foreign exchange broker in connection with a debt claim against a former customer, in which allegations of misselling of complex FX derivatives were raised in counterclaim by the defendant.
- Acting for a major international airline in a High Court claim for damages against a pilots' union following strike action.
- Ten-month secondment with a major international bank in 2014-15. Primarily responsible for management of certain LIBOR/EURIBOR-linked claims against the bank in EMEA.
- Acting for a FTSE 100 company in the manufacturing sector in relation to the investigation and self report of bribery-related matters (including suspected bribery of foreign public officials in Europe and the Americas) before the UK Serious Fraud Office and the US Department of Justice.
- Advising a major international bank in relation to a series of multijurisdictional investigations into potential breaches of financial services regulation, competition law and compliance policy.
- Advising individuals responsible for setting rates at a LIBOR Panel Bank ahead of interviews with the Financial Services Authority (as was), the US Department of Justice and the FBI.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of England & Wales
- Young Fraud Lawyers' Association (YFLA)
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2012)
- University of Law (Post Graduate Diploma Legal Practice ) (2010)
- BPP Law School, London (Graduate Diploma Law) (2009)
- University of Bristol (B.A. Modern Languages (French and Spanish)) (2008)
Andrew has contributed to internal and external publications, including to the Commercial Litigation Journal, Fraud Intelligence, Global Investigations Review, Lexology and Baker McKenzie’s PLG Annual Digest. He also authored the English chapter of Baker McKenzie's Overview of Anti-Bribery Laws Handbook.
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.