Josh is an associate with the Banking and Finance department at Baker McKenzie LLP, joining the Firm's London office as a trainee in March 2018 and qualifying in March 2020.
Josh has spent six months as a trainee and six months as an associate on secondment with Standard Chartered Bank, working with their European syndications, Project Export Finance and Structured Export Finance teams, as well as spending three months on secondment with Baker McKenzie's Dubai Banking and Finance team.
Structured Trade Finance, Restructuring and Insolvency and General Banking.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised SCB and others on a combined USD 1.6 billion financing package to the Ministry of Finance and Planning in Tanzania, including an EKN and SEK backed facility, to fund the construction of a standard gauge light railway in Tanzania.
- Advised Lenders and ECA in connection with a direct lending and a tied commercial facility to a Francophone African Sovereign relating to a water sanitation project.
- Advised Lenders on a EUR 150 million bridge facility made to a sovereign fund for a roads project in Francophone Africa.
- Acting for the Finance Parties in a series of receivables-backed financings for Sonangol, totalling over USD 1 billion.
- Advised Lenders and EKF in connection with a direct lending facility to the Government of Cote d'Ivoire relating to a hospitals construction and renovation project.
- Advised Finance Parties in connection with a plus USD 100 million ECA supported financing for plant equipment made to a Turkish manufacturer.
- Advising a multinational agricultural products company on its bond debt restructuring and assisting with the preparation of documentation for its scheme of arrangement.
- Acting for Lenders and ECA in connection with two facilities (one UKEF, one commercial) to a central African Sovereign relating to emergency services equipment.
- Acting for Lenders and ECA in connection with a EUR 1.2 billion financing package for a rail link consisting of an ECA guaranteed facility, an ECA direct lending facility and a commercial facility to a Middle East Sovereign.
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2020)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.