Carlos Martínez Rico is a counsel in Baker McKenzie's European & Competition Law Practice. He qualified in Spain and has been practicing in Brussels, the UK and Spain for over 15 years.
Before joining the Firm, Carlos worked for the UK’s Competition and Markets Authority (and its predecessor, the OFT) as a Deputy Director of Competition Policy and a Mergers Principal Case Officer, and for the UK energy regulator (Ofgem) as a Regulatory Economist and in other strategy roles.
Carlos is well acquainted with the functioning of the European Commission's competition directorate, as a result of his training there and years of cooperation while in UK Government roles. He has also practiced at the Brussels and London offices of a major international law firm and at a leading Spanish law firm.
- England & Wales [REL]~United Kingdom (2017)
- Brussels [E-List]~Belgium (2015)
- Barcelona~Spain (2000)
- College of Europe (LLM) (2005)
- London School of Economics (MSc) (2004)
- Universidad Complutense de Madrid (LLB Summa Cum Laude) (2000)