Dr. Andrés Martin-Ehlers iur, LL.M. (London)
Baker McKenzie Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern
Andrés Martin-Ehlers has a focus in competition and state aid law as well as (European) litigation. In these areas he has more than twenty years of experience. Before joining Baker McKenzie he worked for several years in Brussels and thereafter led the department of competition and state aid law in two national German law firms. Andrés is regularly quoted in the relevant publications (e.g. in JUVE for state aid law and Handelsblatt 2022 as one of the "Best Lawyers" in competition law). He has extensively published in both areas and since 2007 teaches competition law at the Frankfurt School of Finance (Master M&A).
Andrés has an industry experience in the areas automotive supply; chemicals, carton (packaging), airline industry and sport. He has obtained several important precedent judgments, such as e.g. in state aid law BGH (German Federal High Court), I ZR 136/09, BGH III ZB/12, European Court of Justice, C-284/12, European General Court T-375/15.
- Germany (1996)
- University of Erlangen-Nuremberg (Dr. iur.) (1995)
- Higher Regional Court of Nuremberg (Second State Exam) (1995)
- King's College London (LL.M.) (1992)
- University of Passau (First State Exam) (1991)
- Lacking Economics – Lacking Fundamental Rights of legal Protection: The Opinion of Attorney General Szpunar in Case C-453/19-P Lufthansa vs European Commission on Ryanair and Hahn Airport, EStAL (together with Nils Frank), 2020
- The new White Book of the European Commission on Foreign Subsidies, EuZW 2020, p. 905 ff.
- Book review: The Role of Competitors in the Enforcement of State aid law, EStAL, 2020
- Comment on the judgment of the German Federal High Court in the case of AirBerlin vs. Lübeck airport, EuZW 2017, p. 312 ff.
- The creation of new procedural rights, WuW 2017, p. 9 ff.
- State aid in professional soccer, npoR 2014, p. 209 ff.
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Matthias Scholz, Dr. Thomas Schänzle, Dr. Christian Vocke
Baker McKenzie Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern is registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main (registered seat) HRB 123975. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.