Annekathrin Markert joined the German Baker McKenzie Energy & Infrastructure team in Berlin in 2020. Before joining the Firm, she worked as a Trainee Lawyer at the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy, Berlin, and at the German British Chamber of Industry and Commerce, London. Annekathrin also was a Research Assistant at a reputable law firm in the field of energy law.
Annekathrin advises domestic and foreign enterprises, sponsors, banks and financial investors. She focuses on M&A, joint ventures, projects and related financings as well as regulatory matters in the energy and infrastructure sector.
Representative Legal Matters
Before joining the Firm, Annekathrin:
- Advised a German energy company on the exemption of energy tax.
- Advised an operator of renewable facilities on the German feed in-regime for renewables.
- Advised renewable project developers on the disposal of renewable energy facilities.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Berlin Bar Association - Member
- Germany (2020)
- Berlin Court of Appeals (Second State Exam) (2018)
- University of Amsterdam (LL.M.) (2016)
- Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (LL.M.) (2016)
- Humboldt University of Berlin (First State Exam) (2015)
Baker & McKenzie Partnerschaft von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern mbB is a professional partnership under German law registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main at PR No. 1602. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.