Petra Marijanović is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Litigation and Arbitration Practice Group in Vienna. She joined the Firm in September 2020. Petra is a Croatian qualified lawyer with more than five years of relevant working experience. She is also admitted to the Vienna Bar Association as an European lawyer.
Prior to joining the Firm, she worked at several renowned Croatian law firms for more than four years focusing on daily counseling of corporate clients with respect to various corporate housekeeping, commercial, company, labor, compliance and media law matters. Petra also represented clients in a significant number of litigation and insolvency proceedings before various Croatian courts. At present, she is focused on arbitration and representing clients in disputes before arbitral tribunals. Petra represents clients in arbitral proceedings under the rules of major arbitration institutions.
Petra's experience covers a variety of disputes related to Central and Eastern Europe. Her clients benefit from her region-specific experience and being a native Croatian.
Petra is knowledgeable in civil and corporate law matters and focuses her practice on arbitration and assists both national and international clients in disputes arising out of complex contractual relationships before arbitral tribunals. Her practice focuses on the construction, commercial, energy, and major projects sector. Petra acted as counsel in a dispute relating to the railway construction sector in Bosnia and Herzegovina. She serves as a tribunal secretary in a dispute relating to the major construction project in Serbia.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a state entity from Southeastern Europe in an ICC arbitration regarding the railway rehabilitation works performed under the Red FIDIC Contract
Prior to joining the Firm, she:
- Collaborated in a M&A project for one of the leading Croatian banks regarding the acquisition of another bank in Croatia.
- Advised an insurance company in Croatia on the transfer of its portfolio to another insurance company.
- Advised one of the biggest Croatian conglomerates on the implementation of the data protection regulation.
- Advised a number of Croatian hospitals on the implementation of the data protection regulation.
- Represented one of the biggest media companies in Croatia and Southeast Europe in a number of disputes arising out of the Media Act.
- Outstanding Academic Achievement Award, Central European University 2020
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Croatian Bar Association - Member
- Vienna Bar Association - Member
- Young ICCA - Member
- Corporate Social Responsibility Specialist, Central European University, Corporate Social Responsibility Postgraduate Specialization Program, 2020
- Croatia (2021)
- Austria - European Attorney (2021)
- Central European University (Budapest) (International Business Law, LL.M.) (2020)
- Central European University (Budapest) (Corporate Social Responsibility Postgraduate Specialization Program) (2020)
- Ministry of Justice, Zagreb, Croatia (bar examination) (2017)
- University of Zagreb Faculty of Law (Master of Law - mag. iur.) (2014)
- Contributor, "Doing Business in the European Union 2018: Croatia, the Czech Republic, Portugal and Slovakia," World Bank, 2019 - 2020