Representative Legal Matters
Medtronic, Inc. v. Commissioner, Docket No. 6944-11 (Section 482 allocations of income from Puerto Rican manufacturer to US parent and other issues).
Guardian Industries Corp. v. Commissioner, Docket No. 20755-12 (whether European Commission is a government for purposes of Section 162(f)).
Represented multinational corporations in administrative appeals before the IRS regarding various tax matters, including research and development expenses, Section 199 deductions, excise taxes, transfer pricing issues, and employee compensation.
Represented clients in competent authority matters between US and various foreign jurisdictions, including the United Kingdom, Canada, Denmark, Japan, China, and India.
Represented client in a tax refund suit and mediation conference regarding air transportation excise taxes.
Assisted client in UK litigation regarding VAT on telecommunications goods and services.
Assisted US-based multinational companies with UK transfer pricing and DPT enquiries.
Represented client in Mauritian transfer pricing litigation.
Represented clients in FOIA litigation.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association - Section on Taxation
- District of Columbia Bar
- Maryland State Bar Association
- U.S. Tax Court~United States
- District of Columbia~United States (2012)
- Maryland~United States (2009)
- Georgetown University (LL.M. Taxation with distinction) (2011)
- University of Michigan (J.D. cum laude) (2009)
- University of Michigan (B.A. with distinction) (2006)