Nick Marchica is a partner in Baker McKenzie’s New York office, where he is a member of the Corporate & Securities Practice Group. He mainly advises domestic and international companies, private equity firms and commercial banks across the United States, Asia Pacific and Europe on a range of market-shaping M&A transactions. Nick is a member of the Firm’s North American Private Equity Steering Committee.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Global Win Capital Corporation, an affiliate of Shanying International Holdings Co., Ltd., in connection with the acquisition of a shuttered paper mill located in Wickliffe, Kentucky, for a total initial investment commitment of USD 166 million.
- Advised a consortium led by hospitality group Jin Jiang International Holdings Co. in connection with its acquisition of the Radisson Hotel Group (consisting of Radisson Holdings Inc. and Radisson Hospitality AB and their subsidiaries) from HNA Group Co Ltd.
- Advised Elsevier, the information analytics business specializing in science and health, and part of RELX Group, on the acquisition of Via Oncology, a Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based company that provides decision support and best practices in cancer care management, from University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute Cancer Services.
- Advised DailyMail GeneralTrust on the sale of EDR business to Silver Lake Partners and Battery Ventures for USD 205 million.
- Advised the members of ReSource Pro LLC on the sale of ReSource Pro LLC to RP Acquisition Company, LLC, an affiliate of DFW Capital Partners.
- Advised private equity fund Altra Investments on the sale of Proenfar S.A.S. and its subsidiaries to Weener Plastic Iberica, S.L.U, a subsidiary of Weener Plastics.
- Advised Avocado Group LLC on the contribution of Avocado Mattress LLC to Brentwood Home Holdings LLC in exchange for a 44% interest in Brentwood Home Holdings LLC.
- Advised Spirax-Sarco Engineering plc in connection with its USD 415 million acquisition of Chromalox, Inc., a US-based provider of electrical products, systems and solutions for industrial process heating and temperature management, from Irving Place Capital.
- Advised a midstream energy company in connection with the sale of a petroleum product terminal and crude processing unit located in Corpus Christi, Texas.
- Advised Nippon Electric Glass Co. Ltd. in connection with its USD 545 million acquisition of PPG's US fiberglass business.
- New York~United States (2004)
- Fordham University School of Law (JD) (2003)
- University of Maryland (BA) (2000)