Nick Marchica is a partner in Baker McKenzie’s New York office, where he is a member of the Corporate & Securities Practice Group. He mainly advises domestic and international companies, private equity firms and commercial banks across the United States, Asia Pacific and Europe on a range of market-shaping M&A transactions. Nick is a member of the Firm’s North American Private Equity Steering Committee.
Nick has substantial experience advising on private equity and cross-border transactions, as well as structuring new projects. He is an expert regarding representation and warranty insurance. Recently, Nick has worked on M&A transactions for some of the most prominent private equity funds. He also regularly represents strategic buyers in connection with significant M&A transactions and other significant matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented Spirax-Sarco Engineering plc in connection with its USD 415 million acquisition of Chromalox, Inc., a US-based provider of electrical products, systems and solutions for industrial process heating and temperature management, from Irving Place Capital.
- Represented a midstream energy company in connection with the sale of a petroleum product terminal and crude processing unit located in Corpus Christi, Texas.
- Represented Nippon Electric Glass Co. Ltd. in connection with its USD 545 million acquisition of PPG’s US fiberglass business.
- Represented Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., a global holistic healthcare company, in connection with its acquisition of Daiya Foods Inc., a privately held Vancouver, Canada-based company specializing in the manufacture of plant-based foods.
- Represented CVC Capital Partners in connection with its acquisition of Anchor Glass, a glass bottle packaging company, from KPS Capital Partners, for USD 1.1 billion.
- Represented a private equity fund in connection with its acquisition of Friedrich Air Conditioning.
- Represented Sika Corporation in connection with its acquisition of Rmax, a building products manufacturer, from the Hart Group.
Prior to joining the Firm, Mr. Marchica has worked on the following matters:
- Advised Thai Union Frozen Products on its proposed USD 1.5 billion acquisition of Bumble Bee Seafoods and the subsequent termination of the transaction.
- Advised Gunung Sewu Kencana on its strategic partnership with Nippon Life Insurance Company through direct and indirect investment of approximately USD 423.1 million in a 20% effective stake in Sequis Life.
- Advised the sellers on the sale of a 40% stake in Bank Mayapada to Cathay Life Insurance.
- New York~United States (2004)
- Fordham University School of Law (JD) (2003)
- University of Maryland (BA) (2000)