Katarzyna Manteuffel has been a member of the Firm’s Competition Law and Regulatory Practice since 2009. She is admitted to the Warsaw Bar Of Advocates and is also a member of the Competition Law Association. Ms. Manteuffel is an author of various publication in business newspapers (Rzeczpospolita, Gazeta Prawna) as well as professional magazines (Europejski Przegląd Sądowy, Wiadomości Ubezpieczeniowe). She is also a speaker on conferences regarding competition and consumer protection law. Before joining Baker McKenzie, Ms. Manteuffel worked for an international law firm where she gained experience in competition and European law.
Ms. Manteuffel focuses on advising companies on all aspects of Polish and European competition law, including representing companies in antimonopoly and merger control proceedings before the competition authorities and in courts. Ms. Manteuffel is experienced in advising clients on all aspects of consumer protection and product safety issues. Her practice covers also unfair competition regulation and public procurement issues.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised on preparation of commercial strategies for Polish and international companies operating in Poland, including assessment of distribution issues, loyalty programs, rebate policy, promotional activities as well as transfer of technology issues.
- Advised Polish and foreign companies in relation to proceedings before competition authorities in antimonopoly proceedings as well as advising in court proceedings.
- Represented Polish and foreign companies in merger control proceedings before Polish competition authority as well as various transactional issues related to antitrust.
- Advised Polish and international clients with regard to all aspects of consumer protection law in Poland, including breach of collective consumer interests in various business sectors as well as advising in relation to abusive clauses, in particular representing companies in proceedings regarding Abusive Clauses Register.
- Acted for international and Polish companies with regard to recall actions in Poland and other product safety issues.
- Advised international and Polish companies with regard to public procurement proceedings, in particular consortium issues.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Competition Law Association - Member
- Warsaw Bar of Advocates - Member
- Poland (2013)
- University of Warsaw (2009)
- Centre for American Studies (2008)
Baker & McKenzie Krzyzowski i Wspólnicy Spólka Komandytowa