Kirill is an experienced legal practitioner with a sustainable track of large-scale and mid-sized projects, primarily in O&G and mining sectors.
Kirill is focused on M&A/JV structuring with an emphasis on cross-border transactional work.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented the shareholders of the Alutech group, a major international manufacturer of door, roller-shutter, and profile systems, in connection with the disposal of a 75 percent stake in Alutech to its German peer Hörmann group, a Europe-leading manufacturer of doors, garages, door frames, and gates for commercial and private real estate. As a result of the sale a 75/25 joint venture between Hörmann and the remaining shareholder of Alutech was established. The full-scale legal transactional support involved multi-jurisdictional legal and tax structuring on the seller’s side (including intra-group pre-sale restructuring and settlement arrangements with financing banks), work on definitive documentation and regulatory advice.
- Advised Rostec Corporation on the disposal of 49 percent stake in its Mongolian copper mining assets Erdenet Mining Corporation LLC and Mongolrostsvetmet LLC.
- Advised Alliance Mining Group in connection with a proposed contribution of Amur Zoloto LLC, an established gold company with production and development assets in the Khabarovsk region in the far east of Russia, into the share capital of Petropavlovsk PLC. The aggregate value of the gross consideration payable on closing is approximately USD144 million.
- Advised Ucom LLC in connection with its acquisition of the entire equity interest from the ORANGE Group in its mobile subsidiary ORANGE Armenia. The deal included a variety of complex IP and specific telecom-related issues. We also advised client on financing aspects of the transaction.
- Advised the Alltech group on establishment of the joint venture (JV) with the RN-Gas LLC (a company of the Rosneft group) in connection with proposed implementation of “Pechora LNG” project in Nenets Autonomous District. Exploration and production licenses for Kumzhinskoye and Korovinskoye fields were contributed to the JV in addition to funds necessary for the project development.
- Advised the shareholders of Alliance Oil Company on a joint venture with Nezavisimaya Neftegazovaya Kompaniya (NNK). The two companies have set up an energy joint venture in which the shareholders of Alliance Oil hold a 60 percent stake and NNK the remainder.
- Advised Yamal Development LLC, a 50/50 joint venture between Novatek and Gazprom neft, on a USD2.9 billion acquisition of a 60 percent equity stake in Artic Russia from Eni. Artic Russia owns a 49 percent interest in SeverEnergia, a Russian oil and gas company operating in the Yamal-Nenets region.
- Advised Novatek on a share swap with Rosneft, whereby Novatek’s 51 percent interest in Sibneftegas was swapped for Rosneft’s 40 percent share in Artic Russia.
- Advised Alliance Oil Company in connection with its acquisition of 100 percent of the shares in LLC “SN-Gazdobycha” (SNGD) for USD128 million. SNGD has two gas licenses in the Tomsk region.
- Advised Alliance Oil Company on the establishment of a joint venture with Repsol Exploracion, S.A. for exploration and production in Russia, with a total asset base of approximately USD 840 million, with Alliance and Repsol holding a 51 percent and a 49 percent stake respectively.
- Russia (2006)
- National Research University Higher School of Economics (Law) (2006)