Kasereen assists clients in general commercial litigation, administrative and public law, compliance and investigations and has a particular focus on technology, media and telecoms.
Kasereen has advised large multinational corporations and some of the world's largest technology providers on significant cross-border and local endeavours, which included advice on information technology, telecommunications, data protection and privacy-related and regulatory matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a multinational technology company providing on-demand cloud computing platforms on data protection laws and privacy-related concerns in South Africa.
- Assisted on cross-border legal diligences for a multinational technology company to facilitate expansion into various Sub-Saharan African jurisdictions, including child safety and privacy laws, advertising laws, telecommunication laws, localisation, consumer protection, direct marketing; competition law; regulations on the interception of communications and data protection for facilitation of mobile money transfers.
- Represented a large industrial services group against a parastatal company to review and set aside the award of a tender.
- Represented a public multinational company focusing on the development and construction of power plants on review proceedings to set aside an environmental authorization and on integrated water use license applications and climate change impact assessments.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of the Northern Provinces - Member
- South Africa (2017)
- University of Stellenbosch (LLM) (2015)
- University of KwaZulu-Natal (LLB) (2014)