Anton Maltsev is a partner in the Moscow office of Baker McKenzie and an advocate and member of the Moscow City Bar. He specializes in dispute resolution and general commercial & corporate law issues.
Anton focuses on dispute resolution and general commercial and corporate law issues. He has significant experience in corporate and general commercial disputes, administrative/regulatory litigation and bankruptcy.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented Codest Engineering S.R.L. in various proceedings related to a dispute between the client (the Contractor) and its counterparty (the Subcontractor) from a subcontract agreement for certain Works in VTB Arena Park project in the ICC and the Russian insolvency proceedings.
- Defended JV Systems, a subsidiary of GM Avtovaz, from multiple vicarious liability claims with allegations of conspiring with a construction contractor's former management, budget fraud and massive damage to the creditors of the construction contractor. The size of the claims exceeded RUB 1.8 billion (approximately USD 30 million).
- Represented Deutsche Leasing Vostok, part of Deutsche Leasing AG, the largest manufacturer-independent leasing company in Germany, in complex court proceedings involving Visma, a well-known manufacturer of Russian mineral water ARKHYZ (Архыз).
- Represented TNT Express Worldwide in complex legal proceedings involving Russian litigation with one of the client's customers and German export control procedures relating to aviation equipment. The case was successfully settled in court on terms mutually acceptable to the parties.
- Represented Azbuka Vkusa, a federal chain of premium supermarkets in their dispute against a former partner related to recovery of the share in the partnership.
- Represented IRE-Polus, a manufacturer of high-tech equipment (IPG Photonics group) in a case related to the use of rented premises.
- Represented Smart Value Retail in a court case against the Department of Trade and Services of the Moscow City involving compliance with alcohol license requirements.
- Represented Smart Value Retail in a court case involving a Uralsib group company regarding the wrongful termination of a lease of property agreement in Moscow.
- Represented a client in a dispute against former contractor and within the insolvency proceedings of the latter.
- Represented a Russian subsidiary of an international car manufacturer in litigation proceedings in the Russian Arbitrazh Courts, initiated by the counterparty in violation of an arbitration clause.
- "Stand-out lawyer," Acritas (part of Thomson Reuters), 2020-2021
- Listed in Acritas StarsTM database
Professional Associations and Memberships
- ICC Russia's Commission on Arbitration
- International Association of Young Lawyers (AIJA)
- Russian Arbitration Association (RAA)
- Public Council under the Federal Treasury
- Arbitration and Litigation, Corporate and M&A Law
- Business Crime Committees of International Bar Association (IBA)
- Legal Counsel of the Headquarters for the protection of business established under the Government of Moscow – Representative
- Russia (2001)
- Moscow State Law Academy (Ph.D. equivalent degree) (2007)
- Russian Private Law School (LL.M.) (2006)
- Pericles American Business and Legal Education (LL.M., with honors) (2006)
- Khabarovsk State Academy of Economics and Law (Graduate Degree in Law) (2001)
- Co-author, "Russia: Consumer Rights Watchdog Cancels Routine Inspections," Baker McKenzie InsightPlus, 18 September 2020
- Co-author, "COVID-19 Restrictions do not Automatically Exempt Businesses From Liability," Baker McKenzie InsightPlus, April 2020
- Co-author, "Enforcement of Judgments and Arbitral Awards in the Russian Federation: Overview," Practical Law, Thomson Reuters, January 2020
Baker & McKenzie - CIS, Limited is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.