Anton Maltsev is a partner in Baker McKenzie’s Dispute Resolution Practice Group in Moscow. Prior to joining the Firm in 2005, Mr. Maltsev worked for three years as a lawyer at Amur Machinery and Services, a Caterpillar dealership in the Russian Far East.
Mr. Maltsev focuses on dispute resolution and general commercial and corporate law issues. He has significant experience in corporate and general commercial disputes, administrative/regulatory litigation and bankruptcy.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a major foreign manufacturer of chemical and petrochemical products in a number of corporate disputes connected with the corporate raid of the client’s subsidiary in Tatarstan, Russia.
- Represented a manufacturer of home appliances in litigation in Russian arbitrazh courts concerning the boundaries of a production site.
- Acted for a foreign shareholder of a Russian trade company specializing in duty free trade in a dispute connected with a challenge of general shareholders meeting resolution.
- Represented a large foreign manufacturer in a number of corporate disputes initiated by minority shareholders connected with squeeze-out demands, payment of dividends, and interested party transactions.
- Acted for clients in disputes with a state metrology authority in connection with state metrological control measures over in-vitro diagnostic devices.
- Advised a large Chinese construction company in a dispute with construction supervision authorities.
- Russia (2001)
- Russian School of Private Law (Magister) (2006)
- Pericles American Business and Legal Education (LL.M. Business Law) (2006)
- Khabarovsk State Academy of Economics and Law (Law Degree) (2001)
- Co-author, "Russia: Consumer Rights Watchdog Cancels Routine Inspections," Baker McKenzie InsightPlus, 18 September 2020
- Co-author, "COVID-19 Restrictions do not Automatically Exempt Businesses From Liability," Baker McKenzie InsightPlus, April 2020
- Co-author, "Enforcement of Judgments and Arbitral Awards in the Russian Federation: Overview," Practical Law, Thomson Reuters, January 2020
Baker & McKenzie - CIS, Limited is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.