Kirsten advises US and foreign multinationals, many in the technology industry, with respect to tax aspects of corporate transactions. These include mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and corporate divestitures including spin-offs. Kirsten also advises clients on tax aspects of internal restructurings, including post-acquisition integration, IP migration transactions, cash repatriation and subpart F planning. She has extensive experience representing US-based companies in the digital economy as well as the software, pharmaceutical, medical device and consumer product industries.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised multinational technology companies in connection with post-acquisition integration and foreign subsidiary reorganization projects.
- Advised technology companies on tax-efficient cash repatriation strategies.
- Advised a multinational technology company in connection with a multibillion dollar stock purchase transaction.
- Advised a multinational communications company in connection with the global spin-off of a major business unit in over 70 countries.
- Advised a multinational semiconductor company in connection with a USD 700 million CIDECs offering.
- Advised a multinational technology company in connection with a multimillion dollar asset disposition involving over 20 jurisdictions.
- Advised US multinational corporation on application of anti-inversion rules to redomiciliation transaction.
- Advised US start-up company on US tax aspects of restructuring in connection with a venture capital investment.
- California~United States (2008)
- Illinois~United States (2004)
- Harvard Law School (J.D.) (2004)
- University of Bonn (Fulbright Scholar in Economics) (2001)
- Washington and Lee University (B.A. Economics summa cum laude) (2000)
- Palo Alto