Lebogang Maimane is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Corporate and M&A Practice Group in Johannesburg and a member of the global financial institutions industry group.
Lebogang focusses on corporate law, mergers and acquisitions. Her experience spans a variety of industries which includes renewable energy, financial services, logistics and mining.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised TDR Capital and Issa Brothers in connection with their GBP 6.8 billion acquisition of the ASDA Group from Walmart.
- Advised Tencent in connection with its acquisition of shares in TymeBank, a leading digital bank group. The investment was part of the USD 180 million series B capital raise by TymeBank.
- Advised JSE-listed Bidvest Group in connection with the ZAR 725 million disposal of its Bidvest Car Rental subsidiary to the Thesele Consortium.
- Advised Allied Gold in connection with its GBP 80 million acquisition of 85% of Endeavour Resources Inc.
- Advised PayPal Ventures in connection with its series A venture capital investment in Stitch, a leading South African fintech company.
- Advised a leading Singaporean food and agriculture company in connection with its corporate reorganisation, which included restructuring of its subsidiaries in Cameroon, Chad, Mozambique and Togo.
- Advised a leading UK online payments company regarding the regulatory framework governing the sale of crypto assets to South African residents.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of South Africa - Member
- South Africa (2017)
- University of the Western Cape (LLB) (2017)