Joanna's core practice focuses on litigating and defending employers against complex wage and hour class, collective, and PAGA actions in both state and federal courts. Joanna actively defends employers against harassment, discrimination, retaliation, and reasonable accommodation claims brought by individual employees. She also has experience in litigating claims for misappropriation of trade secrets, unfair competition, and related claims.
Throughout her career, Joanna has represented employers in a variety of industries, including agriculture, financial services, banking and mortgage lending, oil & gas, manufacturing, healthcare, and staffing service providers. She enjoys being in the trenches with her clients, and has been known to wear cowboy or steel toe boots while wearing a suit during on-site visits at clients' manufacturing facilities.
Before law school, Joanna worked as an analyst for Schlumberger Limited, the world's largest oilfield services company.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Century City Bar Association - Board Member
- American Bar Association - Member
- State Bar of California, Labor and Employment Law Section - Member
- California~United States
- New York~United States
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California~United States
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California~United States
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California~United States
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California~United States
- Emory University (JD) (2011)
- Arizona State University (BS) (2004)