Dmitry Lysenko is an associate in Baker McKenzie’s Moscow office and a member of the Dispute Resolution Practice Group.
Dmitry has lectured on international law at Rostov State University for five years and has written a number of publications on international regulation of multinational corporations.
Representative Legal Matters
- Successfully represented a foreign company in an arbitration related to an international sale and purchase contract, and in proceedings on recognition and enforcement of the arbitral award, including representation before the Supreme Arbitrazh [Commercial] Court of the Russian Federation.
- Represented a premium brand car manufacturer in a dispute related to termination of a dealership agreement.
- Advised foreign reinsurance companies on a potential dispute regarding the largest power plant accident in Russia.
- Advised the largest European engineering conglomerate on a potential dispute with a major power management company arising out of a contract to develop a power management and control system.
- Advised and represented a major foreign construction company in pre-arbitration negotiations under an engineering, procurement, construction and management (EPCM) contract.
- Advised and represented a foreign car producer in a dispute with its Russian counterparty related to car manufacturing in Russia, including representation in complex bankruptcy proceedings.
- Advised and represented a major international payment processing corporation in the bankruptcy proceedings of a Russian bank.
- Negotiated a USD 900 million project for vehicle manufacturing in Russia.
- Advised and represented a foreign corporation in negotiations for a strategic partnership agreement for construction of a sea port in Russia.
- Advised multinational companies on performance of FCPA investigations in Russia and participated in investigations, including obtaining employees’ consent to review their correspondence and files; reviewing correspondence subject to investigation in order to identify illegal activities; drafting reports on the results of the investigation, etc.
- Russia (1998)
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law (LLM) (2004)
- Moscow State University of International Relations (PhD International Law) (2003)
- Rostov State University (Law Degree) (1998)