Sebastian Luque is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Bogota office. Sebastian joined the Firm in 2012 as a law clerk in the Employment & Compensation Practice Group. In 2015, he obtained his law degree at Pontificia Universidad Javeriana and joined the Banking & Finance Practice Group as junior associate.
Sebastian has experience in transactions involving acquisition finance and project finance, acting for both lenders and borrowers in local and cross-border projects. He advises on stock exchange and private equity regulations in Colombia for both local and foreign entities and corporate credits. He has also advised in transactions involving supply chain finance.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assisted a pharmaceutical company in the joinder of a Colombian subsidiary and the Colombian security package to secure a foreign loan by a local subsidiary and certain indentures, ending in a successful closing.
- Assisted a Canadian multinational bank in the closing of a USD 750 million syndicated loan for the acquisition of a hydroelectric power generation company.
- Advised a port operator group on a borrower for a corporate credit worth nearly USD 35 million.
- Assisting a local private investment bank in the negotiation of a USD 250 million loan for the District of Barranquilla.
- Colombia (2015)
- Universidad del Rosario (Specialist in Administrative Law) (2016)
- Pontificia Universidad Javeriana (Law Degree) (2015)
Baker & McKenzie S.A.S., is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein