Baker & McKenzie Limited Attorneys at Law
Wittaya Luengsukcharoen joined Baker McKenzie in 1987 and became a partner in 2001. A member of the Financial Services Division, his main areas of practice include banking and finance, exchange control, banking regulations, corporate and debt restructuring, as well as real estate, hotel/resort and property development.
Mr. Luengsukcharoen’s practice focuses on project financing, asset-based financing, debt restructuring matters, as well as exchange control law and regulations surrounding banking and financial institutions. His clients include foreign investors, Thai and foreign banks, property management companies and power companies, among others.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented the syndicated lenders in relation to the financing of a 1400-megawatt IPP project in Kaeng Khoi, Saraburi Province.
- Represented 24 local and international financial institutions in relation to the debt restructuring of the Thai branch of a Japanese motorcycle company.
- Drafted standard forms and provided legal advice on consumer banking products for domestic and international banks and finance companies.
- Provided legal advice to and assisting a hotel developer in negotiating the terms and conditions of a Hotel Management Agreement for a hotel in Phuket.
- Represented both domestic and foreign banks in the financing of hotels, industrial plants, and residential projects.
- Represented three Japanese banks in relation to their consolidation and merger in Thailand.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Thai Bar Association
- Law Society of Thailand
- Thailand (1988)
- Bristol University (LL.M.) (1997)
- Chulalongkorn University (LL.B.) (1986)
Baker & McKenzie Ltd. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.