Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining the Firm, Evaristo handled the following matters:
- Advised Vale S.A. in the USD 2 billion sale of equity interest in its subsidiary Vale Fertilizantes S.A. to The Mosaic Company, involving assets in Brazil, Canada, and Peru.
- Advised Vale S.A. in the BRL 4 billion sale of preferred shares issued by its subsidiary Minerações Brasileiras Reunidas S.A. in Brazil.
- Advised BR Properties S.A. on its BRL 953 million restricted offering of shares in Brazil and the United States.
- Advised Banco Bradesco BBI S.A. as coordinator of the BRL 921 million exchange tender offer launched by Metalúrgica Gerdau S.A. in Brazil.
- Advised Wiz Soluções e Corretagem de Seguros S.A. in its BRL 602 million IPO in Brazil.
- Advised Profarma Distribuidora de Produtos Farmaceuticos S.A. in the BRL 221 million sale of shares to AmerisourceBergen Co. in Brazil.
- Foreign Legal Consultant (Ontario, Canada) (2018)
- Brazil (2013)
- Duke University School of Law (LLM cum laude) (2018)
- Federal University of Minas Gerais Law School (Bachelor of Law) (2013)
Co-author: “Oil for Debt: A Unique Proposal for the Unique Challenge that Is Restructuring Venezuela's Debt”, SSRN, April 2018
Author, “Receivable Funds: A Vehicle for Securitization of Tax Credits,” (original in Portuguese), Fundos de Investimento - Aspectos Jurídicos, Regulamentares e Tributários, Quartier Latin, 2015
Co-author, "Differences Between Publicly-held and Closely-held Companies,” (original in Portuguese), Brasil S.A.: Guia de Acesso ao Mercado de Capitais para Companhias Brasileiras, RR Donnelley, 2014