Evaristo Lucena is a Foreign Legal Consultant in Baker McKenzie's Toronto office. He has experience in advising a broad array of domestic and international clients, such as investment banks, corporations, pension and sovereign funds, and private equity firms, on cross-border transactions with focus on capital markets and mergers and acquisitions. He also advises on corporate governance, regulatory compliance, continuous disclosure and stock exchange matters for public issuers.
Evaristo manages public and exempted offerings of securities, merges and acquisitions, joint ventures, tender offers, buy-outs, takeovers, securitization, public and private equity investments, and debt financing transactions. Evaristo has been involved in large corporate transactions in Brazil, particularly within the mining, steel, real estate, pharmaceutical and insurance industries.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining the Firm, Evaristo handled the following matters:
- Advised Vale S.A. in the USD 2 billion sale of equity interest in its subsidiary Vale Fertilizantes S.A. to The Mosaic Company, involving assets in Brazil, Canada, and Peru.
- Advised Vale S.A. in the BRL 4 billion sale of preferred shares issued by its subsidiary Minerações Brasileiras Reunidas S.A. in Brazil.
- Advised BR Properties S.A. on its BRL 953 million restricted offering of shares in Brazil and the United States.
- Advised Banco Bradesco BBI S.A. as coordinator of the BRL 921 million exchange tender offer launched by Metalúrgica Gerdau S.A. in Brazil.
- Advised Wiz Soluções e Corretagem de Seguros S.A. in its BRL 602 million IPO in Brazil.
- Advised Profarma Distribuidora de Produtos Farmaceuticos S.A. in the BRL 221 million sale of shares to AmerisourceBergen Co. in Brazil.
- Foreign Legal Consultant (Ontario, Canada) (2018)
- Brazil (2013)
- Duke University School of Law (LLM cum laude) (2018)
- Federal University of Minas Gerais Law School (Bachelor of Law) (2013)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an Ontario limited liability partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.