Peter Lucarelli is a partner in the Melbourne office of Baker McKenzie. For over fifteen years, Peter has advised on complex commercial and contractual disputes and insolvency and restructuring matters.
Peter has advised a broad range of major Australian and global companies, banks, financial institutions and insolvency practitioners in a range of complex disputes and insolvency and restructuring matters. Peter has significant experience in Federal and State Supreme Courts as well as alternative dispute resolution, including mediation.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising a lender and receivers in relation to to the receivership of a 38 lot residential apartment complex located at Thirteenth Beach, Barwon Heads, Victoria.
- Advising a lender in relation to the enforcement of securities over two student accommodation apartment complexes in Melbourne, Victoria.
- Advising an ASX listed company in its capacity as responsible entity in relation to hardwood and horticultural schemes conducted by the failed Timbercorp group of companies.
- Advising PPB as receivers of Marina Cove Pty Ltd, a related entity of City Pacific Limited and CP1, in relation to the realisation of residential lots at Martha Cove, Victoria.
- Acting for a New Zealand client in NSW Supreme Court proceedings brought against the subsidiary of an ASX listed company to recover loans in excess of $36 million.
- Acting on behalf of an international airline to defend possession proceedings relating to a Boeing 737 400 aircraft which involved a special leave application to the High Court of Australia.
- Acting on behalf of a US and Hong Kong-based manufacturer in relation to a dispute concerning the termination of an exclusive distribution agreement with an Australian distributor.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Insolvency Practitioners Association of Australia
- Australian Corporate Lawyers Association
- Victoria~Australia (1995)
- Monash University (LL.B.) (1993)
- Monash University (Bachelor of Economics) (1991)