Gordon Low is a partner in the Corporate group in the London office of Baker McKenzie. Gordon’s practice spans domestic corporate finance, domestic and international M&A, venture capital and international securities transactions, and he has extensive experience of managing multijurisdictional deals.
Gordon has advised a broad range of clients on the acquisition and disposal of companies and businesses both within and outside the United Kingdom. He has advised companies seeking to raise capital on the London Stock Exchange and also companies seeking to access the institutional markets by way of private placements. He has advised investee companies seeking to raise private equity finance and industrial companies on joint venture agreements and related arrangements.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising Schneider Electric on the reinsurance of certain asbestos related claims exposure and the associated disposal of a number of subsidiaries in the UK and Guernsey to Hampden plc.
- Advising Koç Holding on the English law aspects of the termination of its joint venture relationship with Unicredit SpA in respect of Turkish Bank Yapɪ Kredi and related reduction in Unicredit SpA's shareholding in Yapɪ Kredi.
- Advising Bank Audi S.A.E. (Egypt) on the proposed acquisition of the banking operations of the National Bank of Greece's (NBG's) Egyptian branch, structured as a sale and transfer of selected corporate and retail liabilities relating to the Egyptian operations of the NBG, including a network of 17 branches.
- Advising the Mediterranean & Gulf Insurance and Reinsurance Company (Medgulf) B.S.C on its sale of Omnilife Insurance Company Limited to RGA Americas Reinsurance Company, Ltd.
- Advising Union Bancaire Privée, UBP SA on its acquisition of ACPI Investments Limited and ACPI IM Limited from ACPI Wealth Management Limited.
- Advising Cobham Plc on the non US aspects of the disposal of its Avery and Williams businesses.
- Advising Ingram Micro on the acquisition of Anovo, the France-headquartered provider of reverse logistics and repair services for high-tech products.
- Advising KBC on its disposal of KBC Banka ad Beograd to Société Générale Srbija and Telenor. Under the agreements, Telenor will purchase 100 percent of KBC Banka’s shares, while Société Générale Srbija will acquire KBC Banka’s key assets and deposits.
- Advising KBC Bank on its EUR 300 million disposal of Absolut Bank to a group of companies managing the assets of Russian non-state pension fund Blagosostoyanie.
- Advising Erste Group on its disposal of its subsidiary, Erste Bank Ukraine, to the owners of Fidobank, for a cash consideration of USD 83 million.
- Advising Siemens AG on its EUR 470 million acquisition of the connectors and measurements division of Expro Holdings UK.
- Advising Siemens AG on its acquisition of Marine Current Turbines Ltd.
- Advising Siemens plc on the disposal of Roke Manor Research Limited to Chemring plc.
- Advising Endemol on the acquisition of a controlling stake in Russian media production group, Weit Media.
- Advising SABMiller plc on its acquisition of 100 percent of the participation interests in Vladpivo LLC, the largest brewer in the Russian Far East Primorie Region.
Professional Associations and Memberships
Law Society of England & Wales
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (1993)
- College of Law (Pass) (1990)
- Cambridge University (Selwyn College) (Master of Arts) (1989)