W. Crews Lott handles mergers and acquisitions, as well as securities, public and private finance and corporate governance matters. Mr. Lott has extensive experience representing purchasers and sellers in mergers and acquisitions in both public and private transactions, and represents lenders and borrowers in various commercial loan, asset based and subordinated loan facilities. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Mr. Lott worked as an accountant on the financial audit staff of Ernst & Young.
Mr. Lott represents companies in a variety of industries and has extensive experience in counseling public and private companies in securities, mergers and acquisitions and other corporate transactions. His experience also includes a broad range of financing transactions representing both lenders and borrowers in commercial financing matters, including syndicated and multicurrency transactions and workouts. He has also represented numerous issuers, underwriters and investors in a variety of registered and private (Rule 144, Regulation D and Regulation S) financing transactions, including placements of debt, convertible debt, common stock, preferred stock and warrants.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a public company on its USD650 million public offering of unsecured senior notes and unsecured senior subordinated notes.
- Represented a public company on its USD1.5 billion Rule 144A offering of secured senior notes.
- Represented a public company on the sale of majority of its common stock out of bankruptcy in a transaction valued at USD2.8 billion.
- Represented a public company on its USD523 million public offering of common stock and preferred stock.
- Represented a non-US public company in connection with a USD153 million public offering of common stock and preferred stock.
- Represented a public company in the hostile tender offer of common stock valued at USD1.3 billion.
- Represented an initial purchaser and placement agent in a Rule 144A/Regulation S offering of ordinary shares worth USD500 million.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dallas Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Texas~United States (1994)
- Baylor University (J.D. cum laude) (1994)
- Texas A&M University (Bachelor of Business Administration Accounting & Finance magna cum laude) (1988)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.