Federico Lopez-Bustamante has 13 years of professional experience and is a member of Baker McKenzie's Tax Practice Group. He has extensive experience in tax litigation, administrative matters and legal protection. His legal practice covers local and international tax planning, tax controversies and tax recovery. Before joining the Firm in 2003, Mr. Lopez-Bustamante worked as a tax lawyer for the Tax Administration Service in Chihuahua. He has been panelist to a number of forums organized by the Firm and Colegio de Contadores Públicos de Baja California (Accounts' Public Institute) with regard to tax reforms and audit tax procedure.
Mr. Lopez-Bustamante focuses his practice on fiscal and administrative litigation and has participated in defending taxpayers against unconstitutional tax laws. He has advice several clients during audit procedures. Mr. Lopez-Bustamante has provided professional services to multinational corporations, real estate groups, and companies in the manufacturing sector, among others.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assisted taxpayers in audits conducted by the tax and administrative authorities.
- Participated in the defense of taxpayers against tax and fine assessments, rejection of tax refunds, and others.
- Participated in the defense of taxpayers against the enforcement of unconstitutional tax laws.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Association of Corporate Attorneys (ANADE) - Member
- Mexico (2001)
- Georgetown University Law Center (Diploma International Aspects of Taxation) (2010)
- University of Barcelona (LL.M.) (2003)
- Universidad Autónoma de Chihuahua (J.D.) (2000)
Author, “Extemporaneusly of the notice to deduct estimated cost and expenses and its legal effects”, Puntos Finos, July 2013
Baker & McKenzie Abogados, S.C. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.