Sergei Lomakin is a partner in the Moscow office of Baker McKenzie.
Sergei focuses on regulation of pharmaceuticals, medical devices, healthcare, state procurement and advertising compliance.
Representative Legal Matters
- Participated in due diligence of companies in the pharmaceuticals industry in M&A transactions.
- Advised several international companies on the structuring of their group of companies and operations in the healthcare market in Russia.
- Advised several international pharmaceuticals and medical devices manufacturers on various regulatory issues relevant to the industry including clinical trials of medicines, advertising of medicines, product registration, etc.
- Prepared commercial contracts and advised clients on the regulation of commercial contracts in Russia.
- Advised foreign companies in connection with establishment of subsidiaries, branch and representative offices of foreign companies in Russia.
- Advised Russian legal entities with foreign investment on various corporate and regulatory matters.
- Prepared regulatory positions in intellectual property litigations and advertising disputes.
- Assisted foreign pharmaceutical manufacturers in localization of manufacturing of their products through tolling agreements with the client’s maintenance (supplemented by intellectual property license agreements, quality and safety data exchange agreements) and intellectual property license agreements (supplemented by supply agreements, quality and safety data exchange agreements).
- Assisted a foreign pharmaceutical manufacturer in transfer of its whole non-prescription portfolio to the other foreign pharmaceutical manufacturer for regulatory maintenance, distribution and promotion in Russia.
- Advised clients on the issues of advertising and promotion in Russia in various industries (including structuring of sampling activities in relation to medicines and medical devices).
- Russia (2005)
- Novgorod State University (Law Degree) (2005)
Baker & McKenzie - CIS, Limited is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.