Andreas advises on a wide range of corporate law and compliance matters.
In his corporate practice, Andreas' main focus is on assisting limited liability companies (GmbHs) and corporations (AGs) on corporate law matters. He also provides business-oriented advice relating to liability issues for company management, including D&O questions and company claims for breach of duties.
In his compliance practice, Andreas' main focus is on conducting and managing (cross-border) internal investigations, the structuring of compliance management systems as well as compliance risk assessments. His advice covers all stages of corporate compliance: prevention, investigation, interaction with public authorities, remediation and litigation related to compliance issues.
Representative Legal Matters
- German subsidiary of US-listed company: Advised in an internal investigation following a raid by police in a case involving allegations of bid rigging.
- Infrastructure company: Advised in an internal investigation of a former managing director and the subsequent litigation with the managing director.
- International bank: Advised in a cross-border internal investigation involving multiple public authorities (AML issues).
- International logistic company: Advised in a cross-border FCPA-related internal investigation with a focus on Russia and involving several public authorities (including US DOJ/SEC).
- German subsidiary of US-listed company: Advised in an internal investigation covering tax, labor law and bribery allegations and involving several public authorities.
- Several international companies: Advised in the implementation of indemnification concepts for directors and officers, also involving D&O insurers and across international subsidiaries.
- German aviation company operating worldwide: Conducted a compliance risk assessment.
- German media company: Conducted a compliance risk assessment.
- Several international companies: Advised on the implementation and/or restructuring of compliance organizations, including compliance documentation (e.g., codes of conduct, ABC guidelines) and the respective processes.
- Provided legal advice to stock corporations’ supervisory board and management board as well as preparation of general meetings.
- The Best Lawyers in Germany 2022 edition for Corporate Law since 2018
- Recognized in General Corporate (Germany), Client Choice Award, International Law Office (ILO) - 2019
- Germany (1999)
- University of Regensburg (Dr. jur.) (2001)
- Oxford University (Magister Iuris) (1996)
- University of Regensburg (Referendar Exam) (1994)
- Co-author, "Global Overview of Anti-Bribery Laws," 2017
- Co-author, "Compliance from A to Z," 2016
- Co-author, "EMEA Corporate Liability Handbook," 2016
- Co-author, "Overview of Anti-Bribery Laws in EMEA," 2014
- Co-author, "Die Börsennotierte AG," 2005
- Author, "Die kleine AG im Aktiengesellschaftsrecht," 2002