Representative Legal Matters
Drafted and successfully prosecuted hundreds of high-tech patent applications.
Helped secure a win for a major welding equipment manufacturer as plaintiff against its competitor in a multi-patent infringement case at the Eastern District of Texas, which resulted in a consent judgment with a three-year injunction against the accused products and a substantial settlement payment.
Supported an investigation at the ITC for a leading 3D display provider as complainant against its competitor, obtaining a favorable final determination.
Served as technical lead in two inter partes reviews (petitioner) at the USPTO that invalidated all claims asserted in parallel district court litigation, leading to dismissal of entire patent from litigation.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas
- Texas~United States (2018)
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office~United States (2017)
- Southern Methodist University (JD magna cum laude, Senior Articles Editor - SMU Science and Technology Law Review) (2018)
- Louisiana State University (PhD Electrical Engineering) (2012)
- Louisiana State University (MS Electrical Engineering) (2008)
- Huazhong University of Science and Technology (BE Control Engineering) (2006)