Erica Lindberg is a member of the Firm's North America International Commercial Group and the Global International Commercial & Trade Group in the Toronto office. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Ms. Lindberg articled at a well-known national firm and interned at a law firm in Shanghai, where she assisted on international commercial transactions.
Ms. Lindberg focuses her practice on Canadian customs law issues, as well as trade sanctions and export control compliance. She has advised clients on a variety of trade matters, including customs valuation, tariff classification, rules of origin, export and import controls, and free trade agreements, including the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). She has also advised on the applicability of Canadian trade sanctions to business activities involving Iran, Syria, Russia, and Ukraine.
In addition, Ms. Lindberg advises on regulatory compliance issues in the areas of food and consumer products, including product liability, product recalls, and marking and labelling requirements.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Canadian Bar Association - Member
- Ontario Bar Association - Member
- Women Lawyer's Association - Member
- Canadian Association of Importers & Exporters - Member
- Ontario~Canada (2015)
- University of Windsor (J.D.) (2014)
- University of Windsor (Licencee) (2014)
- York University (Glendon College) (B.A. International Studies Specialized Honours) (2011)
- York University (Glendon College) (Law & Business Degree International Studies Specialized Honours) (2011)