David's practice is focused on securities and mergers and acquisitions. With many years of strong experience at the Taiwan Stock Exchange and close connections with the Financial Supervisory Commission, he advises listed companies, financial institutions and multinational corporations on transactions of initial public offerings and mergers and acquisitions, as well as the structuring of new financial products and compliance matters in corporate governance.
Securities; Mergers and Acquisitions; General Corporate.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised All Cosmos Biotech Holding Corporation, ViewSonic Corporation and China Crystal New Material Holdings Co., Ltd. on IPO applications for the Taiwan Stock Exchange. Assisted DBS Bank (Taiwan) in registering as a public company.
- Reviewed IPO / TDR applications by foreign corporations, including IML, Inc., the first ever IPO by a foreign company in Taiwan, and MStar Semiconductor, Inc., and enacted listing rules and documentation as an associate at the Foreign Listing Department / Listing Promotion Department of the Taiwan Stock Exchange.
- Advised leading asset management companies to cross-list Hong Kong exchange-traded funds on the Taiwan Stock Exchange.
- Advised private equity groups and multinational corporations on taking over Taiwan-listed companies.
- Assisted investment banks in complying with securities law and exchange rules.
- Taipei~Taiwan (2006)
- Tainan~Taiwan (2006)
- Columbia University (New York) (LL.M.) (2011)
- National Taiwan University (LL.M.) (2006)
- National Taiwan University (LL.B.) (2000)
Author, "The Supervision of Multinational Financial Services Companies: An International Cooperation Perspective," National Taiwan University LL.M. thesis, 2006
Baker & McKenzie, a Taiwanese Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.