Eric Lim is a corporate transactions lawyer with the Private Equity and Funds team in London. He has more than 10 years of experience acting for some of the Firm's largest clients in a wide range of private investment funds and M&A transactions, including fund formations, fund investments and co-investments, fund secondaries, joint ventures and consortium arrangements. Eric is highly rated by the clients he works with for his integrity, deep experience and commercial acumen.
Eric is recognised for his work with Baker McKenzie's Asian-based clients, having previously worked with the Hong Kong office for a number of years. He is qualified to practice law in England and Wales, Hong Kong and Singapore.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a real estate manager on their EUR 260 million venture with Gramercy Europe in Gramercy Property Europe III, to invest in European logistics assets.
- Advised a German real estate company on the EUR 900 million acquisition from a global private equity real estate manager of leisure real estate assets in Benelux and Germany.
- Advised an Asian government-linked investment company on the acquisition of a portfolio of logistics assets located in Poland, Germany and the United States, with a total deal value in excess of USD 900 million.
- Advised Morgan Stanley Real Estate Investing on its EUR 167 million acquisition of prime commercial and retail real estate portfolio in Budapest, and the related consortium arrangements.
- Advised Mapletree Investments Pte. Ltd. on its GBP 560 million acquisition of Green Park, a business park in Reading.
- Advised Spring REIT (a Hong Kong-listed REIT) on its first acquisition transaction, comprising a portfolio of 84 commercial properties in England and Scotland.
- Advised Arcus Infrastructure Partners on the syndication of its portfolio investment, Swiss4net, a Swiss-based fiber optic network operator, to several European institutional investors.
- Advised on the establishment of ARCH Emerging Markets Partners, a London-based emerging markets private equity advisory firm, and related joint venture arrangements.
- Advised China Investment Corporation on its acquisition of French real estate services company, Foncia, for EUR 1.83 billion, in a consortium with Partners Group and CDPQ.
- Advised Ardian on its USD 2.38 billion acquisition from a sovereign wealth fund of a portfolio of 40 private equity interests and related syndication to co-investors.
- Hong Kong
- England & Wales~United Kingdom
- National University of Singapore (LL.B. Honors) (2006)
- Hong Kong