Dennis Lim is a local principal in the Finance & Projects Practice Group of Baker McKenzie Wong & Leow in Singapore. He has extensive experience representing borrowers, sponsors and financial institutions in major financing and project financing transactions spanning various sectors and jurisdictions.
Dennis focuses his practice on project finance, particularly in the power, renewables, oil and gas and petrochemicals space. Alongside this, he is active in the wider lending space, regularly advising financial institutions and borrowers on acquisition financing, structured financing and other debt finance transactions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised (as part of the financial advisory team for the Project while on secondment to MUFG Bank Ltd.) PT Pertamina EP Cepu on the USD 1.85 billion conventional and Islamic project financing of the Jambaran-Tiung Biru (JTB) gas development and processing project in East Java province, Indonesia (received the “Oil & Gas Deal of the Year” at the PFI Awards for 2019).
- Acted for Vena Energy (formerly Equis Energy) on the USD 120 million project financing by ADB of the Tolo wind farm in South Sulawesi, Indonesia and the USD 40 million project financing of 4 solar power projects in North Sulawesi and West Nusa Tenggara province, Indonesia (received the "Finance Deal of the Year: Projects” at The Asia Legal Awards for 2019).
- Advised (as part of the Singapore team) PT Kereta Cepat Indonesia China on the USD 4.5 billion project financing by China Development Bank of the Jakarta-Bandung high-speed rail project in Indonesia (received the “Project Finance Deal of the Year” and "Indonesia Deal of the Year” at the ALB Indonesia Law Awards for 2018).
- Represented Sembcorp Utilities Pte Ltd and its local partner on the USD 310 million project financing by IFC, CDC, Clifford Capital and JICA of the Sirajganj power station in Bangladesh (received the “Asia Pacific Deal of the Year – Power” at the IJGlobal Awards for 2017 and “Deal of the Year” by Asia Business Law Journal for 2017).
- Represented Newcom LLC and SB Energy Corp. on the USD 89 million project financing by EBRD and JICA of the Tsetsii wind farm in Mongolia ( received the “Asia Pacific Wind Deal of the Year” at the IJGlobal Awards for 2016).
- Acted for PT Indonesia Power and Kansai Electric Power Co., Inc on the USD 110 million project financing by JBIC and Mizuho of the Rajamandala hydroelectric power project in West Java Province, Indonesia.
- Advised the lenders on the USD 188 million project financing of a Muda Riser Platform (MRP) and sub-sea pipeline developed and operated by Trans-Thai (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd in the Malaysian-Thailand Joint Development Area and Malaysian waters as part of the Phase III financing of the Trans Thailand-Malaysia Gas Pipeline.
- Represented the lenders on the USD 780 million project financing of the acquisition, conversion and refurbishment by Yinson Production (West Africa) Pte. Ltd. of the FPSO “Yinson Genesis” to be deployed and operated off the western coast of Ghana.
- Advised the lenders on the USD 400 million project financing of acrylonitrile production and methyl methacrylate monomer production facilities operated by PTT Asahi Chemical Company Limited in Map Ta Phut, Thailand (received the “Asia Pacific Petrochemical Deal of the Year” by Project Finance International for 2008).
- Represented financial institutions and borrowers on a wide range of debt financing transactions, including financing the purchase of vessels and rolling stock, prepayment or advance payment facilities for the supply of goods or commodities, structured guarantee facilities, real estate financing and acquisition financing for strategic share acquisitions.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Law Society of Singapore
- Singapore Academy of Law
- Singapore (2009)
- University of Sheffield (Bachelor of Laws (with Honours 2:1)) (2007)
Baker & McKenzie.Wong & Leow is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.