Anina Liebkind is a senior associate in Baker McKenzie’s Stockholm office and a member of Arbitration and Litigation group. She assists domestic and foreign entities in arbitration and litigation proceedings, often involving complex cross-border disputes in the fields of commercial law, IT and oil and gas.
Ms. Liebkind’s previous experience includes working with international commercial arbitration proceedings in Geneva, a secondment with Citibank as a part of their Nordic legal team, and litigation with a focus on ITC with a leading law firm in Helsinki.
Ms. Liebkind has experience dealing with matters under the ICC, SCC, FIA, UNCITRAL and ICSID rules. Ms. Liebkind additionally advises clients with regard to potential commercial and investment disputes and on the recognition, enforcement and setting aside of arbitral awards in a variety of jurisdictions.
Ms. Liebkind has been identified by Who's Who Legal (WWL) Arbitration - Future Leaders as among the best arbitration practitioners of the under-45 generation, and has also been identified as a National Leader for Sweden.
Ms. Liebkind regularly speaks on different arbitration related topics and is a lecturer for the internationally renowned Master of Laws in International Commercial Arbitration program at the University of Stockholm. She is also the acting co-chair of the IBA Arb 40 Subcommittee.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Finnish Bar Association - Member
- Swedish Bar Association - Member
- IBA Arb 40 Subcommittee - Member of the Steering Committee (2018-2020), co-chair of subcommittee (2020-2022)
- Young Arbitrators Sweden (YAS) - Advisory Board Member (2015-2017)
- Swedish Women in Arbitration Network - Member
- Young Arbitrators Finland (YAF) - Member
- Juridiska Föreningen i Finland r.f. (JF) - Treasurer (2010-2012)
- Sweden (2020)
- Finland (2009)
- Graduate Institute of Geneva (MIDS LL.M. International Dispute Settlement) (2013)
- University of Helsinki (Master of Laws, juris magister) (2009)
Co-author, “Apportionment of costs under the SCC Rules,” Global Arbitration News, 7 September 2016
Co-author, “Swedish Appeal Court rules that arbitral tribunal should not have heard Yukos claims,” Global Arbitration News, 15 February 2016
Speaker, "Effect of Technology on the Acquisition and Protection of Evidence in International Arbitration", ICC YAF, MIDS and Young ICCA Joint Conference, Geneva, 29 September 2018
Speaker, "Third party funding", YAS Arbitration Day, Stockholm, 9 November 2017
Speaker, "Parties Representation in Investment Arbitration," ICC YAF seminar, Milan, 26 January 2018