Anina Liebkind is a member of Baker McKenzie’s international arbitration and litigation practice with more than a decade of experience with dispute resolution. She is a specialist in the energy, finance and telecommunications industries.
As a dual-qualified attorney in both Sweden and Finland, Anina frequently advises clients from the Nordics, and clients in relation to contracts or projects across the Nordic region.
Anina is recognized by Who's Who Legal (WWL) Arbitration - Future Leaders as among the best arbitration practitioners of the under-45 generation world-wide, and as a National Leader in Sweden. She frequently lectures on arbitration topics, and has for several years been a visiting lecturer for the Master of Laws in International Commercial Arbitration (ICAL) program at the University of Stockholm. She is also the acting co-chair of the IBA Arb 40 Subcommittee.
Anina Liebkind is experienced in international arbitration proceedings under ad hoc and institutional rules (including ICC, SCC, FIA, UNCITRAL and ICSID) governed by a multiplicity of procedural and substantive laws.
She additionally regularly advises clients on the recognition, enforcement and setting aside of arbitral awards, and acts as counsel in such litigation proceedings before local courts.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Swedish Bar Association - Member
- Finnish Bar Association - Member
- IBA Arb 40 Subcommittee - Steering Committee Member (2018-2020), Co-chair (2020-2021)
- Young Arbitrators Sweden (YAS) - Advisory Board Member (2015-2017)
- Swedish Women in Arbitration Network - Member
- Young Arbitrators Finland (YAF) - Member
- Juridiska Föreningen i Finland r.f. (JF) - Treasurer (2010-2012)
- Sweden (2020)
- Finland (2009)
- Graduate Institute of Geneva (MIDS LL.M. International Dispute Settlement) (2013)
- University of Helsinki (Master of Laws, juris magister) (2009)
Co-author, “Apportionment of costs under the SCC Rules,” Global Arbitration News, 7 September 2016
Co-author, “Swedish Appeal Court rules that arbitral tribunal should not have heard Yukos claims,” Global Arbitration News, 15 February 2016
Speaker, "Effect of Technology on the Acquisition and Protection of Evidence in International Arbitration", ICC YAF, MIDS and Young ICCA Joint Conference, Geneva, 29 September 2018
Speaker, "Third party funding", YAS Arbitration Day, Stockholm, 9 November 2017
Speaker, "Parties Representation in Investment Arbitration," ICC YAF seminar, Milan, 26 January 2018