Grace Li is a partner in Baker McKenzie’s Finance Group in China. She has extensive experience in working with international banks and other types of financial institution in relation to their general business operations in China. She has advised and acted for banks, leasing companies and airlines in aircraft-related matters, including sale and purchase, financing and leasing, in PRC and other jurisdictions.
Grace's practice focus on general banking, aviation finance, financial services and regulatory advice.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for Siam Commercial Bank in the financing and refinancing with Reignwood Group’s subsidiaries in China with a deal volume of USD 350,000,000 for the purpose of daily working capital and the construction of a hotel in Beijing.
- Acted for a joint venture real estate development company in a real estate trust financing project with deal volume of RMB 288,000,000 for the construction of a shopping mall in Shanghai.
- Acted for Arch Capital for a real estate development financing with deal volume of USD 25,000,000 for the development of a commercial property in Shanghai.
- Acted for Minsheng Bank in an acquisition finance with deal volume of USD 94,500,000 for the acquisition of a healthcare equipment manufacturer in the Netherlands by a PRC-controlled company.
- Acted for Minsheng Bank in a refinancing with deal volume of HKD 3,324,000,00.00 for the privatization of a HK-listed company controlled by a PRC parent company.
- Acted for China Construction Bank (Asia) in the financing with CCB Financial Leasing Corporation Limited in respect of five aircraft on lease to Shenzhen Airlines with deal volume of USD 83 million.
- Acted for NordLB in the financing with special purpose vehicle borrower of ABC Financial Leasing Co., Ltd. in respect of three Boeing 738 aircraft on lease to Xiamen Airlines with deal volume of USD 120 million. This deal won the Financial Innovation Award at the Third China Air Finance Wan Hoo Awards.
- Acted for Bank of Communications Financial Leasing Co., Ltd. in the financing with Deutsche Bank AG, Singapore Branch as lender in respect of one A330 aircraft on lease to Singapore Airlines Limited with deal volume of USD 38 million.
- Rising Lawyer (China) – Asian Legal Business (2019)
- Up and Coming (Aviation Finance (International Firms), China) – Chambers Asia Pacific (2018)
- Rising Star (Aircraft Finance) - Airfinance Journal (2017)
- People's Republic of China~China (2009)
- University of Durham (LL.M.) (2005)
- East China University of Politics and Law (LL.M.) (2004)
Baker & McKenzie, a Hong Kong partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.