Andrea Leon is an associate in the Banking, Finance & Major Projects Practice of Baker McKenzie's Chicago office. She was an associate for four years in the Energy, Mining & Infrastructure Practice Group of Peruvian law firm Estudio Echecopar, a member firm of Baker & McKenzie International, where she advised domestic and foreign clients in connection with natural resources investment projects.
Andrea focuses her practice on acquisitions and sales of companies, asset and share participation, and project financing in the natural resources industry. She has extensive corporate and regulatory background, and provides advice in relation to such matters in natural resources and infrastructure projects.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented investors in the structuring and debt financing of renewable energy projects acquisitions in the United States.
- Acted as lead lawyer in the implementation of the Tasa Omega project on the production of fish oil. Andrea was in charge of the negotiation and closing of the finance and project agreements, as well as permitting and regulatory matters.
- Represented the lenders in a USD 1.5 million financing for the extension of the Cerro Verde mining project.
- Advised Latin America Power Peru on the acquisition of a majority stake in Hidroelectrica Santa Cruz, a renewal energy company devoted to the construction and operation of hydro power plants along the Santa Cruz River in Ancash, Peru.
- Advised BNP Paribas and Morgan Stanley as joint global coordinators and joint book-runners, and CCB International, CICC, HSBC and Standard Chartered as book-runners in the initial public offering in Hong Kong and Rule 144A/Regulation S offering of 1.76 billion ordinary shares of Chinalco Mining Corporation International.
- Peru (2017)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.