Dr. Franz Leisch joined Baker McKenzie as an associate in November 2007. Previous to this he lectured at the University of Augsburg, where he taught civil law, commercial law, corporate law and capital markets law, and furnished various legal opinions for companies and law firms in the field of corporate and capital markets law. He received a doctorate degree from the University of Augsburg in 2002 and studied law at the University of Munich. His main areas of practice include corporate, capital markets, M&A, corporate compliance and corporate litigation.
Dr. Leisch advises companies in all areas of corporate and capital markets law. He focuses on corporate action, corporate compliance and corporate litigation.
Representative Legal Matters
- Provides advice to stock corporations in capital increases and decreases
- Provides advice to several IT, pharmaceutical industry, financial sector clients regarding M&A and post-merger integration
- Advised financial services institutions on licensing and outsourcing
- Advised DAX 30 companies in compliance matters such as risk analysis, compliance audits and internal investigations
- Worked on corporate litigation for M&A-transactions and management contracts.
- Germany (2007)
- University of Augsburg (Doctor Juris) (2002)
- OLG Munich (Second State Exam) (1997)
- Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität, München (First State Exam) (1994)