Nancy Leigh is a partner in the Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Group in the Firm's Hong Kong office. She is frequently hailed as a leading practitioner in her field by PLC Which Lawyer? and Chambers Asia. Ms. Leigh is admitted as a solicitor in Hong Kong, England and Wales, as well as in Singapore and the Australian Capital Territory.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a leading NYSE-listed global consultancy services group on the establishment of two separate joint ventures with leading Chinese state-owned enterprises for the provision of IT services.
- Advised SEEK Limited, a leading provider of online employment services in Australia and New Zealand, on the acquisition of a 80% controlling stake in recruitment website operator JobsCB Inc., which has one of the largest recruitment networks in Asia.
- Advised a leading NYSE-listed global consultancy services group on regulatory and contractual issues on the resale of communications services in Hong Kong, China and Taiwan, as well as the roll-out of an ecommerce solutions to facilitate online sales by luxury and worldwide brands in Hong Kong and China.
- Advised a Hong Kong company on the launch of a smart phone app that enables users to make VOIP calls and send instant messages worldwide. Advice covered telecommunications licensing requirements, data protection / privacy issues, direct marketing / advertising, consumer laws and tax in the key target markets of Hong Kong, China, Taiwan, the US and EU.
- Advised a leading information and communications technology provider on the provision of an ecommerce solution to facilitate online sales by small and medium enterprises.
- Advised an NYSE-listed clothing retailer on the launch of both its bricks-and-mortar and its online stores in Hong Kong and China. Advice covered marketing, sales, promotions, consumer protection, privacy, website hosting and other compliance issues.
- Advised leading music labels on a licensing deal with China's biggest search engine.
- Assisted eBay, Inc. in the acquisition of EachNet Inc., the leading e-commerce company in China, and advising eBay, Inc. on the rollout of operations in China and Hong Kong.
- Advised AT&T, Inc. on regulatory and other issues relating to the provision of various services offerings in Hong Kong and China.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Hong Kong
- Singapore (1994)
- Australian Capital Territory~Australia (1991)
- England & Wales (non-practicing)~United Kingdom (1991)
- Hong Kong (1987)
- The University of Hong Kong (1985)
- The University of Hong Kong (1984)